Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Note About Fundraising

For Africa, I have to fundraise quite a bit of money. Now as a business major, fundraising can be fairly frustrating...

(here's a tongue twister for ya)
...fairly frustrating fundraising...

It is frustrating because I know that I have the skills and opportunities to be self-sufficient on the mission field by operating a business. However, through my current experience I am beginning to understand the purpose behind fundraising a little more.

By seeking out fundraising, you are submitting your plans to the body of Christ and subsequently to God. You are asking them to either affirm or negate what you think is God's will. Many missionaries go without being sent and their ministry is not as effective as it could be.

Now while I could pursue a self-funded approach, I am choosing to ask others to financially support me which would be a result of them evaluating my trip and determining if it is a valid pursuit of missions.

From the support and encouragement that I have received I am able to go to Africa with more confidence that I am following God's plan as well as with the knowledge that I have a large group of prayerful supporters behind me.

1 comment:

  1. i'm SO excited for you and for the experience and adventure you are having throughout the process. and i LOVE that you keep us all updated. :)

    ReplyDelete