Thursday, May 7, 2009

Epic Battle

"It was a dark and stormy night, an epic battle raging outside. The enemy is quite the strategist. They attempted a direct attack only to be beaten back. However, this enemy does not surrender easily. They feinted a retreat, but then conducted a sneak attack and overpowered the previously weakened defenses. The heat of the battle has not yet abated. Neither side will surrender, yet neither side is powerful enough to claim absolute victory..."
OK, so it was not a real dark and stormy night. It's actually been quite nice out; some sunshine, a cool breeze, and the parrots are back on campus. However, what makes it dark and stormy is that I'm an sick. I felt it coming on Monday, but it subsided. I thought I was in the clear until Wednesday morning when I woke up and couldn't breathe all that well - congestion plays dirty. My first thought: "This is good. I have 7 hours of straight class and Mock Interviews for Accounting Society..." But other than discovering that my nose has been replaced with a faucet and I have sinus pressure strong enough to rival the oceanic pressure pushing on the Titanic, I'm great! Finals are around the corner and I've never hated 21 units more in my life :D

Overachieving bites you in the butt at the most inconvenient times...

No comments:

Post a Comment