Tuesday, July 28, 2009

5 Ways To Tell You Are Ready To Go Home

  1. Looking up how to check in online for your flight (that is 3 days away)
  2. Looking up what movies will be playing on your flight...
  3. Estimating whether or not you will have enough clean clothes to last until you get home
  4. Checking the weather at home
  5. Repeating "can you believe that in a week we will be home?" several times a day...
Yup, my time in Africa is wrapping up and I am ready to come home.

I will miss my team - we are a fun group. I will miss all the adventures. I will miss being able to Facebook people from half-way across the world :) I will miss seeing and doing brand new things.

But I have learned so much and it is time to come back and share my experiences and progressive thoughts with my friends, family and faithful supporters.

Here are a few important dates for my near future:
July 30th: Leave South Africa
July 31st: Arrive in California

August 5th: Leave CA and arrive in WA
August 20th: Return to CA

Los Angeles/Seattle here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to see you! I hope you have a safe, great-movie-filled flight!!! I'm still not sure when we're getting together, but I'll send you a text when I figure out so you can know as soon as you get off the flight and turn your phone on! :D I miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete