Sunday, June 2, 2013

Craving Grace

But its nature, saved by grace means acknowledging that there is something I need grace for. 

If I need grace for something, then I am not perfect. 

The realization that I am not, was never, and will never be perfect is like a dagger in my back. 

I was told to be perfect because my heavenly father is perfect. What do you mean I need grace? I am trying to be perfect like him! If you keep saying I need grace, then I can never be perfect! I can never achieve what I have been told to achieve! This is not fair!

However, 

We are made perfect through grace. 

In his book "Knowledge of the Holy", I think A.W. Tozer explains it well, "...so grace is His goodness directed toward human debt and demerit. It is by His grace that God imputes merit where none previously existed and declares no debt to be where one had been before"

Accepting grace [acknowledging in the fashion of Romans that I have fallen short of the glory of God and it is by grace that I am saved so that I am may not boast] brings me into reconciliation with a perfect God. The only way to be in communion with a perfect God is to be perfect. Grace makes this possible. 

Be perfect for your heavenly father is perfect. Learn to love his laws and commands and strive to be like Christ, but cover it all in grace for that is at the core of salvation. 

As much as it rips my pride to shreds to admit that I cannot on my own accord live up to the standards of my King, that is the first step in accepting grace.

I am not perfect and I crave grace with a desperation of a man under water craving air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment