Friday, May 24, 2013

Be King

Be King
Be King
In the midst of the night
Be King
Be king
Make it as day light

The tile floor could not be colder
As he cries out “Lord, let me hold her”

Be King
Be King
When I am scraped raw
Be King
Be King
When I can’t hide what they saw

I crave forgiveness and grace
And healing to dry this face

**

You promised you would be faithful
You promised you would not be wasteful
You promised you would be near
You promised I should not fear

To need the King is not weakness
To need the King is not failing
To need the King is boldness
To need the King is unveiling

**

Be King
Be King
When I cannot see
Be King
Be King
When I want to flee

The lies in my head tell me I am less than
I desperately need the safety of your wingspan

Be King
Be King
When I cry in the night
Be King
Be King
When I need the strength to fight

 Numbness and avoidance are sirens on the waves
Would it be wiser to take the road not yet paved?

**

Remind me you don’t withhold
Remind me to be bold
Remind me you withstand
Remind me to make a fire fanned

Take that foothold
and claim it for your glory
Do not let him grasp
Any part of my story

Take this burden from me
And this thorn deep in my side
I relinquish my perfection
And surrender the battle of my pride

**

Be King
Be King
Fill me with hope
Be King
Be King
Guide my steps on this rope

Be King
Be King
Give me new vision of eye
Be King
Be King
And let this old self die


No comments:

Post a Comment