Saturday, December 1, 2012

Permission or Forgiveness...

Dear Dad,

I would like to pre-apologize for any Holiday Shenanigans that will go down. Let's be honest. If your church organized a bonfire for Thanksgiving, I have high hopes for what possibilities a Christmas Eve candle lighting service holds. 

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for "antiquing" church bulletins. 

Sincerely,

A daughter who hopes to remain absent from sermon illustrations. 

***

Dear Brother,

I'm super excited to see you and hang out during the Christmas break we will spend on the other side of the country.It's been a while since the last midnight showing or sporting event craving. Please don't break the sled this time.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for making you drive 12 hours to go to a football game once. 

Sincerely, 

Your sister who lives around the corner from you.

***

Dear Mom,

You promised me a White Christmas. If I have to fly 6 hours instead of 3, I hope this means more than white chocolate covered Oreos. Although, I will gladly accept those as well.

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for blocking your car in the driveway with a Calvin and Hobbes-esque Snowman tragedy. 

Sincerely,

A daughter who communicates love in weird ways.

***

Dear Sister,

Let's trade internationally purchased scarves. You dress so well. 

I'm sorry I'm not sorry I stole you clothes.

Sincerely, 

The sister who misses her extra closet and the person to whom it belongs.

***
Dear Cat,

Meow, Meow, Meow, Meow! 

I'm sorry I'm not sorry for kicking your furry little tail out of my bed. 

Sincerely, 

The owner that needs earplugs to sleep because you purr so loud.

***
Massachusetts be ready for this fire storm. 





No comments:

Post a Comment