Thursday, September 13, 2012

Top 10 Myths about Tax Accountants

1. We are boring.
See below:

2. We are good with numbers
Contrary to popular belief accountants are not good with numbers. In fact we are severely crippled by the "=sum" function in excel. In fact the other day I had to confirm that 8 - 3 = 5 to know the PST start time for a Monday Night Football game. So please, please, please, please, do not give us the check to split up. I will either rig credit card roulette or order the most expensive meal and say "split it evenly".

3. We are only busy in April.
That's a funny joke. No really, keep going.

PSA from all tax accountants out there: 
A. ONE filing deadline is April 15th (supposedly... *cough* weekends/ D.C.'s emancipation day*cough*) However, work has to be done before we file...
B. There is a thing called an extension. No I am not talking about that bight orange cord you use to get your Christmas lights plugged in...that puts us at another 5-6 months out, so September 15th or October 15th
C. What's this? A May 26th year end? Looks like I'm getting Thanksgiving on the Company...

So yes. We are in "busy season" 6-7 months of the year...please plan meal deliveries accordingly because this inevitably happens...

 http://howshouldweaccountforme.tumblr.com/post/29836564299/when-you-optimistically-dive-into-busy-season





4. We are nerds
Half true...ok, mostly true...exhibit A:







5. There is a friends and family tax preparation discount.
Well my bill rate is a little high. But I would settle for a cookie....from my favorite bakery...in New York...fresh, please...that should call it even...













6. We never leave our cubes.
I went to New York last year for work. What did you do?

7. We can say "no" to work
You go tell your boss that you don't want to work certain hours because they are cramping your social calendar and let me know how that goes...











8. We are swimming in cash
Unless you are talking about a kiddie pool, I don't understand the statement













9. We NEED coffee to survive
We can quit anytime. Promise.






10. We are anti-social and friendless.
I could not do busy season without my friends. Both in and outside of work. End of story.

3 comments:

  1. You tell them Amanda! I'll be seeing you guys in less than a month. I'm sure you're all terribly excited.

    ReplyDelete