Monday, March 7, 2011

When creatures of habit take detours



Generally, the daily life of Amanda Gayle Wheeler is pretty predictable.

I wake up around 6:30am,
Get to work at 830am
Come home around 7pm
Go to bed around 10pm
Repeat.

However, these past couple of weeks I have been making friendships a greater priority and adventure has naturally sprung from that.

Last Sunday after the Oscars, someone suggested that we go to Beverly Hills and find Banksy artwork.

Banksy is a British graffiti artist who tags places all over the U.S. and Europe. No one knows what he looks like and his art tends to be political, so he makes for an intriguing topic of discussion. Anyway, he had made a documentary, Exit through the Gift Shop, which was up for an Oscar, so he was in LA last week.

One thing led to another and I didn't get home until 2am and as a result slept in until 930am. By the time I rolled into work around 11am, I had 3 text messages, 2 missed calls and someone looking up traffic reports in search of a potental accident as the reason my delay in arrival.

As I mentioned earlier, I go to bed early and my roommates are basically nocturnal, so they stay up super late. They are used to fully locking up the apartment. I have almost gotten locked out several times...

Their insomnia also means that they know when I don't come home until the middle of night...

This weekend I went out with some friends on Saturday night and on the drive home, the conversation was so good, that I ended up talking with my friend until, oh, say 530am...this unusual behavior caused concern among the roommates of whether to try and call me or decide I stayed at someone else's house for the night...Either way, I got a mini interrogation the next morning.

I am usually so predictable, so now that I am changing up my routine, its causing a bit of a ripple.

But the good news is that people notice when I'm missing :)

2 comments:

  1. i'm glad to here that you are having adventures! so great. just stopping in to say hi! miss you and your sarcasm. hope everything is going well.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. and sometimes people don't notice when you are missing! ;-)
    haha... oh man... I can be a space case sometimes! Glad you are having adventures and glad to be a member of the interrogation squad!

    steph

    ReplyDelete