Monday, November 30, 2009

Quelf in the Land of the Farm!

Last week I had the great pleasure of spending Thanksgiving break with the Wycoff family. Meghan was my floor partner last year when I was an RA, but now she is my dear friend :) She invited me to come home with her for our 5 day break that was not long enough to be worth a plane ticket home to Seattle, WA. Lamenting the absence of the fiery red trees and snow capped mountains of the northwest, I piled in the car and headed East.

All in all, the Thanksgiving break was great! The Wycoff family was a hoot to hang out with. We played a board game called "Quelf"
It is a game of random actions, questions, and homemade props. It is a game that tests your embarrassment level. It is a game that pushes your ability to take a task to the next level.

For example, I had to:

Make a snorkel out of things from around the house

Recite a Love Sonnet to the person sitting to my left...which happened to be Meghan

Keep a piece of paper stuck to my head for a minute

Say "To Ancient Times and Distant Music" whenever someone took a drink

Yell, "Quelf in the Land of the Farm" whenever someone landed on a red square

Do the Chicken Dance

Make up a word every time it was my turn
Carmination: the light given off by a candle
The carmination in the room set the romantic mood

And on and on...

You cannot help put go all out in this game. Either go big or go home. The more outrageous, the better. Quelf provided countless laughs and created many fond memories of Thanksgiving 2009!

Thank you Wycoff family for embracing my over-the-top competition that took this game to a new level :)

No comments:

Post a Comment