Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Music Makes Me Lose Control

I should not listen to music in public places. A song comes on and I just start to move. The beat speaks to my soul and I can't control myself...

Currently I am sitting in Commons Grounds, our campus coffee shop, listening to the Black Eyed Peas. Every few minutes I start down that road of inevitability...

    The tapping of the foot
       The nodding of the head
          The moving of the shoulders
             The rocking of the torso along with the beat...

I catch myself before something really embarrassing happens, but there is that sliver of disappointment that I have to contain my kinesthetic appreciation of the music.

Growing up, I never liked dancing. I always joked that I was the only girl in my school that did not take some sort of dance class. I found joy in aggressive sporting activities, not ballet, or tap dance. Now I can't help but feel the music and want to move in way that does not preserve the study environment, that is Common Grounds :)

It's a good thing I'm not compelled to sing...

1 comment: